Man Eats Chik-Fil-A for over 150 days in a row
- A new Chick-fil-A record has been broken, and all for a great cause.
- Ben Boyles of Bakersfield, California, said he was sitting at Chick-fil-A when he had a “light bulb moment.”
- “I was sitting eating a salad with some friends, I saw a news article, from a gentleman, in Pennsylvania," Boyles said. "He ate at Chick-fil-A 132 days in a row, beating out a San Diego man of 115 days, so I was sitting there with my buddies, and I said 'I could do this, I think I can attempt this.'"
- Boyles started eating lunch at the fast-food restaurant every day -- except Sundays, when all of the chain's locations are closed -- and soon recruited Troy Hess, owner of the Bakersfield location, to turn his record attempt into a charitable endeavor.
- So, Hess got on board, coming up with $100 daily between the two of them. On Saturday, after 153 days, they presented a check of $15,300 to Victory Family Services.
- Petra Gil-Vigie, the foster family agency administrator at Victory Family Services, said the money would help the group take care of children.
- Boyles encourages other people to do something similar and give back to their community.
- Photo Credit: Getty Images